For the latest Newsflash from The Duston...
· Acquire knowledge and a critical understanding of contemporary social processes and social changes
· Appreciate the significance of theoretical and conceptual issues in sociological debate
· Understand and evaluate sociological methodology and a range of research methods through active involvement in the research process
· Develop skills that enable individuals to focus on their personal identity, roles and responsibilities within society
· Develop a lifelong interest in social issues.
Mr Mosdell – Teacher of sociology, philosophy & Ethics, Global, General Studies and History
Mrs Payne – Teacher of History sociology and Health and Social care
Overview of KS5 SOCIOLOGY New Spec
Exam Board: AQA
Unit 1: Education with theory and Methods (2 hours)
Unit 2: Families & Households and Beliefs Unit 3: Representative Processes in the USA (2 hours)
Unit 3. Crime and deviance with theory and methods (2 hours)