Teaching Assistant (Part Time)
Teaching Assistant (Part Time)
Monday—Friday 8.30am—1.00pm (22.5hrs per week, 39 weeks per year)
SS (3-6) £10,837—£11,439 (Actual) (FTE £20,812—£21,968)
Closing Date: midday, Thursday 21st September
The Duston School is looking to appoint part time Teaching Assistants to add additional capacity to the primary phase.
The post is one which requires the performance of the following particular responsibilities:
· To work under the supervision of a teacher to plan, deliver and evaluate learning activities for small groups or individual pupils, providing feedback on pupil engagement and their achievement of the desired learning
· To promote the development of pupil's self-reliance, self-esteem and emotional resilience.
· To promote, observe and report on pupil performance and development, using assessment strategies to
· To promote the development of positive relationships and acceptable behaviour in accordance with school
· To develop positive relationships with colleagues, providing consistent and effective support and working
constructively as a member of the school staff team.
· To support pupils to improve their numeracy and literacy skills through focused learning activities and more generally across the curriculum.
· To support with the planning and implementation of education pupil education / behaviour plans and personal care programmes, when necessary while promoting independence, inclusion and equality.
· To prepare and support the use of learning materials, monitor and maintain curriculum resources, and create visual displays in order to ensure an orderly and purposeful physical learning environment.
· To provide care and encouragement to children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs, supporting them to participate in activities and liaising, if required, with parents / carers / other professionals as appropriate.
· To encourage participation in structured and unstructured learning activities, including play while undertaking lunchtime duties, timetabled activities and during breaks.
· To contribute to assessing and developing plans to meet the personal support needs of children and young people with additional requirements, and assist in the implementation and evaluation of the plans.
· To escort and supervise pupils on educational visits and out of school activities, ensuring their health, safety and well-being, as required, and take responsibility for a group of pupils under the supervision of the teacher to meet service delivery requirements.
· To support, as appropriate, in instances where pupils are unwell whilst at the school or require basic medical aid
The Duston (All Through 4-19) School is looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice Teaching Assistant to join us within our Primary Phase
Do you want to work in a hugely successful and dramatically transformed school? Do you want to work in a school that operates on common sense and places people at the centre of all that is does?
In joining the Duston School you will be joining a school that is:
· Built upon strong values and principles
· Places people at the heart of all that it does
· Heavily over-subscribed
· Nationally recognised, heralded and applauded
· A Behaviour Hub Lead School
· The 27th most improved school nationally, with GCSE outcomes in 2019 placing the school in the top 20% of all schools nationally and A Level results in the top 5% of all schools
· GCSE and A Level outcomes in 2022 were the best in the school’s history
· A school of Character
· An Investors in People Gold School
· An Inclusion Quality Mark (IQM) Flagship School
· A Global Equality Collective School
· The home of ResearchED Northampton
· A PKC Curriculum Hub
· An Ofsted ‘Good’ school
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
· Future progression resides at the heart of the school’s ethos
· Personalised and bespoke CPD is offered to all staff
· Opportunities to attend external CPD courses and visiting other schools are positively encouraged
· An enhanced induction programme to support all new staff to the school, with a bespoke package of support for ECT’s.
· Westfield Health - Private Health Plan for permanent, salaried employees
· On-site car parking
· A laptop
· On-site Before & After School Club for Primary Phase pupils available *
· A detailed Workload Charters, which sets out the school’s commitment to support all staff with their workload
· No emails are sent at weekends nor holidays, we respect as a school the need to rest
· Co-planning is a guiding principle upon which our curriculum is built, with the use of workbooks and knowledge organisers across the school
· On-site restaurant for staff to use on a daily basis
· The lion share of directed meeting time is handed to staff to work on the curriculum
· Two faculty away days
· 4 traded days (which includes one day off to thank staff for the extra miles that they go)
· A priority place for staff children at the school
· Face-to-face meetings for all staff with the Principal to discuss your wellbeing, professional development and career aspirations
· Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme for teaching staff
· Membership of the LGPS Pension Scheme for non-teaching staff
For support staff
· Generous Holiday entitlement, including bank holidays (or pro-rata of) which increases with service
· Non-contractual discretionary days leave for school shutdown over Christmas
* Fees apply
Candidates are welcome to visit the school prior to application