Breakfast Club Assistant
Start date: ASAP
SS (3—6) £3146— £3338 Actual
Monday—Friday 7.45am—9.15am (7.5 hours per week)
38 weeks per year
Fixed term 1 year contract
The Duston Breakfast Club is looking for an enthusiastic Assistant to support within our setting.
- Provide daily breakfast and ensure the quality of child care provision is of a high standard.
- Provide a healthy menu each day and allocate preparation and serving to members of the team.
- To ensure the health and safety of all children in the club including accurate keeping of registers, first aid, medicines, risk assessments, security and fire regulations.
- Ensure the best use is made of resources to benefit the children and families.
- Promote the breakfast club well to ensure good income generation.
For full details of the role , please refer to the job description and person specification.
Key experience, abilities, skills and knowledge
- Able to relate well to children and adults.
- Able to provide an environment that delivers quality care and supports wellbeing.
- Able to maintain resources effectively.
- Able to monitor and assess child and family needs and communicate both as appropriate to the team within the school and wider team around the child.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work in a team.
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Can use IT effectively.
We will offer:
- The opportunity to shape the future of our growing primary phase department.
- On-going quality professional development.
- A caring and supportive environment in which to work, where everyone is valued.
- Brand new cutting edge facilities and resources.
- Westfield Health Package
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an
application. Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of
application to the Principal. Return all application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, and Disqualification by Association clearance. In addition
references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role