September 2019 start - 12.5 hours per week 11.30am—2.00pm daily. 38 weeks per year (Term time only).
Salary—LS 2-3 £5,003—£5,103 per annum.
Closing date: Midday, Tuesday 15th December
The Duston School, Primary phase is looking for an enthusiastic Lunchtime Assistant to join us within our setting.
The post is one which requires the performance of the following particular responsibilities:
· Ensure that the overall arrangement for children to dine promotes an orderly and pleasant meal service.
· Understand how to lay out the dining area and equipment to make the best use of the space and run the best meal service.
· Understand how to work with the catering team organise the dining room service in the quickest and safest way.
· Understand the personal hygiene standards, food safety practices and procedures required and
understand the importance of following them.
· See that any spillage is removed quickly.
· Know children’s food allergies and manage them.
· Control queues to dining areas.
· Assist pupils, where necessary, with the proper use of cutlery, drinking facilities or other aspects of the
· Ensure acceptable standards of behaviour are maintained.
· Ensure the dining areas are left clean and tidy.
· Once lunch has been eaten engage with the children in activities which promote healthy and active lifestyles – this may be inside during wet lunchtimes.
· Regularly rotate activities on offer to the children.
· Promote the inclusion of all pupils.
· Know the types of sensitive data that may be required in the catering operation for pupils in the dining area and how this must be used and stored in adherence to data protection.
· Know the organisation’s safeguarding policy and procedures.
Key experience, abilities, skills and knowledge
· Able to relate well to children and adults.
· Able to provide an environment that delivers quality care and supports wellbeing.
· Able to maintain resources effectively.
· Good communication skills.
· Able to maintain confidentiality.
· Able to work in a team.
· Flexible and self-motivated
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an
application. Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of
application to the Principal. Return all application forms to email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been
unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks. In addition
references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process. The school reserves the right to close the vacancy should we receive an overwhelming response.
For full details of the role, please refer to the job description and person specification available to download below.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role