Part Time Teacher of English (Maternity Cover) (0.5FTE)
Start date: September 2020
Closing date: Friday 10th April, midday
· Do you want to work in a school that is undergoing rapid cultural and transformational change?
· Do you want to work in a school where we value the teacher as the expert?
· Do you want to work in a school that has a very clear and systematic approach to addressing student behaviour?
· Do you want to work in a school that takes workload seriously, has a rational approach to marking and restricts email use at weekends and during holidays?
· Do you want to work in a school that values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
· Do you want to work in a school that prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach?
The Duston School is looking to appoint a dynamic and inspiring Teacher of English (maternity cover) to strengthen the English department. This role offers an excellent opportunity for an imaginative, creative and inspiring leader to work in a supportive and energetic school where students are making significant and sustained progress.
Applicants should show enthusiasm towards joining our dynamic, committed and supportive team. We welcome applications from qualified teachers, who can demonstrate the highest standards of delivery in order to raise attainment and are committed to motivating young people. We welcome applications from NQTs as well as experienced applicants.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
· Westfield Healthcare Plan.
· A laptop.
· Free on-site parking.
· A sensible approach to marking.
· Two faculty away days per year for departmental planning.
· A school meeting calendar that privies year team and faculty meeting time.
· A strong school culture.
· A centralised approach to student care and detentions.
· A knowledge rich curriculum.
· A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
· A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge.
For full details of the role, please refer to the job description and person specification available to download below.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role