Maths non-specialist convertor
QUALIFIED TEACHERS TO SPECIALISE IN MATHS
Full time, Permanent
MPS £23,720—£34,664 pa, UPS £36,646—£39,406 pa
· Are you a qualified teacher looking to change specialism?
- Do you want to work in a school that is undergoing rapid cultural and transformational change?
- Do you want to work in a school where we value the teacher as the expert?
- Do you want to work in a school that has a very clear and systematic approach to addressing student behaviour?
- Do you want to work in a school that takes workload seriously, has a rational approach to marking and restricts email use at weekends and during holidays?
- Do you want to work in a school that values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
- Do you want to work in a school that prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach?
At The Duston School we are delighted to be able to offer roles for teachers with a desire to change specialism to teach maths. We offer a comprehensive programme of training through our Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) course. Partnered with Northampton School for Boys and Plymouth University, Centre of Innovation for Mathematics Teaching (CIMT), we are able to provide on-site training to confidently teach maths at secondary level. This training is formally accredited by the National College of Teaching & Learning (NCTL), participants receive a certificate in ‘Mastery of Secondary Mathematics’ which includes a subject knowledge enhancement course from Plymouth University. Participants are further eligible to receive 30 masters credits, fully funded by the programme.
We will offer:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further.
- A caring and supportive environment in which to work, where everyone is valued
- Opportunities for further professional development.
- Health Care Benefit Plan.
- Extra curricular sporting clubs for staff.
- On site car parking.
For further information or to arrange a discussion about this brilliant opportunity please email email@example.com or contact HR on 01604 460004
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for this post.
For full details of the role, please refer to the job description and person specification available to download below.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role