12.5 hrs per week .
Monday - Friday 11.30am - 2.00pm
Term time only
Salary LS Scale Pt 2-3 £5230— £5335 (Actual)
The post is one which requires the performance of the following particular responsibilities:
· Ensure that the overall arrangement for children to dine promotes an orderly and pleasant meal service.
· Understand how to lay out the dining area and equipment to make the best use of the space and run the best meal service.
· Understand how to work with the catering team organise the dining room service in the quickest and safest way.
· Understand the personal hygiene standards, food safety practices and procedures required and understand the importance of following them.
· See that any spillage is removed quickly.
· Know children’s food allergies and manage them.
· Control queues to dining areas.
· Assist pupils, where necessary, with the proper use of cutlery, drinking facilities or other aspects of the midday meal.
· Ensure acceptable standards of behaviour are maintained.
· Ensure the dining areas are left clean and tidy.
· Once lunch has been eaten engage with the children in activities which promote healthy and active lifestyles – this may be inside during wet lunchtimes.
· Regularly rotate activities on offer to the children.
· Promote the inclusion of all pupils.
· Know the types of sensitive data that may be required in the catering operation for pupils in the dining area and how this must be used and stored in adherence to data protection.
· Know the organisation’s safeguarding policy and procedures.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
• Future progression resides at the heart of the school’s ethos
• Personalised and bespoke CPD is offered to all staff
• Opportunities to attend external CPD courses and visiting other schools are positively encouraged
• An enhanced induction programme to support all new staff to the school, with a bespoke package of support for ECT’s.
• Westfield Health - Private Health Plan for permanent, salaried employees
• On-site car parking
• On-site Before & After School Club for Primary Phase pupils available *
• A detailed Workload Charters, which sets out the school’s commitment to support all staff with their workload
• No emails are sent at weekends nor holidays, we respect as a school the need to rest
• Co-planning is a guiding principle upon which our curriculum is built, with the use of workbooks and knowledge organisers across the school
• On-site restaurant for staff to use on a daily basis
• The lion share of directed meeting time is handed to staff to work on the curriculum
• Two faculty away days
• 4 traded days (which includes one day off to thank staff for the extra miles that they go)
• A priority place for staff children at the school
• Face-to-face meetings for all staff with the Principal to discuss your wellbeing, professional development and career aspirations
• Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme for teaching staff
• Membership of the LGPS Pension Scheme for nonteaching staff For support staff
• Generous Holiday entitlement, including bank holidays (or pro-rata of) which increases with service
• Non-contractual discretionary days leave for school shutdown over Christmas
* Fees apply
Candidates are welcome to visit the school prior to application
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role