5 hrs per week . Term time only
Salary LS Scale Pt 2-3 £1994—£2034 (Actual)
Closing Date: Friday 18th October by midday
The post is one which requires the performance of the following particular responsibilities:
· Ensure that the overall arrangement for children to dine promotes an orderly and pleasant meal service.
· Understand how to lay out the dining area and equipment to make the best use of the space and run the best meal service.
· Understand how to work with the catering team organise the dining room service in the quickest and safest way.
· Understand the personal hygiene standards, food safety practices and procedures required and understand the importance of following them.
· See that any spillage is removed quickly.
· Know children’s food allergies and manage them.
· Control queues to dining areas.
· Assist pupils, where necessary, with the proper use of cutlery, drinking facilities or other aspects of the
· Ensure acceptable standards of behaviour are maintained.
· Ensure the dining areas are left clean and tidy.
· Once lunch has been eaten engage with the children in activities which promote healthy and active lifestyles – this may be inside during wet lunchtimes.
· Regularly rotate activities on offer to the children.
· Promote the inclusion of all pupils.
· Know the types of sensitive data that may be required in the catering operation for pupils in the dining area and how this must be used and stored in adherence to data protection.
· Know the organisation’s safeguarding policy and procedures.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan.
- Free on-site parking.
- A strong school culture.
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge
- Membership of the LGPS pension scheme.
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, and Disqualification by Association clearance. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role