After School Club Manager
Start: As soon as possible
15 hours per week 3:00pm—6:00pm daily, 38 weeks per year.
Fixed term contract until the end of April 2020
The Duston After School Club is looking for an enthusiastic Manager to manage our setting.
- Lead and manage the daily after school club provision to ensure the quality of child care provision is of a high standard.
- Manage and plan for a team of sessional workers and ensure work is allocated effectively.
- Ensure each after school club session is appropriately staffed maintaining Ofsted standards for adult: child ratios and allocate children to a key worker.
- Provide a healthy menu each day and allocate preparation and serving to members of the team.
- To ensure the health and safety of all children and staff in the club including accurate keeping of registers, first aid, medicines, risk assessments, security and fire regulations.
- Work with the school finance team to ensure the provision operates within the allocated budget and all parental fees are paid for on time. Ensure the best use is made of resources to benefit the children and families.
- Promote the after school club to ensure good income generation.
Key experience, abilities, skills and knowledge
- Able to relate well to children and adults.
- Able to provide an environment that delivers quality care and supports wellbeing.
- Able to maintain resources effectively.
- Able to monitor and assess child and family needs and communicate both as appropriate to the team within the school and wider team around the child.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work in a team.
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Can use IT effectively.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan.
- Free on-site parking.
- A strong school culture.
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge
- Membership of the LGPS pension scheme.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an
application. Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of
application to the Principal. Return all application forms to email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, and Disqualification by Association clearance. In addition
references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Closing date: Monday 11th November 2019
Please apply here if you are interested in this role