EYFS Teaching Assistant
Start date: January 2021
SS (3—6) £ 15,894—£16,867 (Actual)
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
The Duston School is looking for a highly motivated EYFS Teaching Assistant to actively participate and work as part of the Early Years Foundation Stage setting team, providing education and care for children aged 4-5 years, their families and carers.
The successful candidate will implement plans/programmes by working with individuals and groups of children to ensure that children’s educational and personal needs are met, and the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum is delivered effectively. He/she will be responsible for groups of children, including planning and maintaining the learning environment and record keeping.
In 2018 OFSTED noted about the Primary School:
- The leadership of the primary school is highly effective and aspiration
- In the primary school, teaching is consistently of a high quality.
- The behaviour of children is exemplary.
- The engagement of children in their learning is impressive.
- The learning environment, including numerous displays, is highly stimulating, both indoor and outside, and children are enthused by this.
- Pupils’ attitudes are exceptionally positive.
- Interactions between children and adults are exceptionally positive.
- Engagement with parents is highly positive.
- The head of the primary school has high aspirations for the pupils and the children within this part of the school’s provision.
We will offer:
- The opportunity to shape the future of our growing primary phase department.
- On-going quality professional development.
- A caring and supportive environment in which to work, where everyone is valued.
- Brand new cutting edge facilities and resources.
- Westfield Health Package.
For full details of the role, please refer to the job description and person specification available to download below.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role