After School Club Assistants
SS (3—6) £5767— £6120 Actual
Monday—Friday 3.15pm—6.00pm (13 ¾ hours per week)
38 weeks per year
Fixed term 1 year contract
Closing date: Friday 6th August 2021
The Duston After School Club is looking for two enthusiastic After School Club Assistants to join us within our setting.
- Provide daily after school provision and ensure the quality of child care provision is of a high standard.
- Provide a healthy menu each day and allocate preparation and serving to members of the team.
- To ensure the health and safety of all children in the club including accurate keeping of registers, first aid, medicines, risk assessments, security and fire regulations.
- Ensure the best use is made of resources to benefit the children and families.
- Promote the after school club well to ensure good income generation.
Key experience, abilities, skills and knowledge
- Able to relate well to children and adults.
- Able to provide an environment that delivers quality care and supports wellbeing.
- Able to maintain resources effectively.
- Able to monitor and assess child and family needs and communicate both as appropriate to the team within the school and wider team around the child.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work in a team.
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Can use IT effectively.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks. In addition
references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
For full details of the role, please refer to the job description and person specification available to download below.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role