Start date - to be confirmed
Closing Date: Monday 4th October, midday
SS 3-6 £15,894 - £16,867 (actual)
37 hours per week Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm
39 weeks per year (term time plus 1 week)
The Duston School is looking to appoint an experienced Receptionist/Administrator, to work predominantly in the Primary Phase.
The successful applicant will be professional with a confident manner, friendly and have the ability to work well as part of a whole school reception team.
Responsibilities will include answering the telephones, dealing with staff, student and parent queries, meeting and greeting all
visitors and dealing with their queries and general admin duties.
You should have a sound knowledge of Word, Outlook and a good level of IT literacy. An understanding of SIMS software would be desirable but not essential.
In 2018 OFSTED noted about the Primary School:
- The leadership of the primary school is highly effective and aspirational.
- In the primary school, teaching is consistently of a high quality.
- The behaviour of children is exemplary.
- The engagement of children in their learning is impressive.
- The learning environment, including numerous displays, is highly stimulating, both indoor and outside, and children are enthused by this.
- Pupils’ attitudes are exceptionally positive.
- Interactions between children and adults are exceptionally positive.
- Engagement with parents is highly positive.
- The head of the primary school has high aspirations for the pupils and the children within this part of the school’s provision.
We will offer:
- The opportunity to shape the future of our growing primary phase department.
- On-going quality professional development.
- A caring and supportive environment in which to work, where everyone is valued.
- Brand new cutting edge facilities and resources.
- Westfield Health Package.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks. In addition
references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact HR at email@example.com
For full details of the role, please refer to the job description and person specification available to download below.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role