Higher Level Teaching Assistants
SR1 (7—11) £20,092—£21,748 FTE £17,204—£18,622 (Actual)
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Start date: 1st September 2021
The Duston School is looking to appoint two Higher Level Teaching Assistants to work across our primary school, working with our qualified teachers to provide cover for whole classes as well as leading the teaching and learning of differentiated groups of children to enable them to achieve their potential.
The successful applicants will love working with children and have a strong commitment to developing the talents of all our children. You will be flexible, able to work both independently and as part of a team, and have proven experience of planning and leading teaching activities.
In 2018 OFSTED noted about the Primary School:
- The leadership of the primary school is highly effective and aspiration
- In the primary school, teaching is consistently of a high quality.
- The behaviour of children is exemplary.
- The engagement of children in their learning is impressive.
- The learning environment, including numerous displays, is highly stimulating, both indoor and outside, and children are enthused by this.
- Pupils’ attitudes are exceptionally positive.
- Interactions between children and adults are exceptionally positive.
- Engagement with parents is highly positive.
- The head of the primary school has high aspirations for the pupils and the children within this part of the school’s provision.
We will offer:
- The opportunity to shape the future of our growing primary phase department.
- On-going quality professional development.
- A caring and supportive environment in which to work, where everyone is valued.
- Brand new cutting edge facilities and resources.
- Westfield Health Package.
For full details of the role, please refer to the job description and person specification available to download below.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role