Sports Coach (Primary)
SS (3—6) £18,562 —£19,698 FTE (£16,709 — £17,732 Actual)
37 hours per week, 41 weeks per year
Fixed term 1 year contract
Closing Date: Friday 14th May, midday
Do you want to work in a school…
· That has undergone rapid cultural and transformational change?
· That is the 27th most improved school nationally for its GCSE results and is in the top 5% of all schools nationally for its A Level results?
· Where the teacher is valued as the expert?
· That has a very clear and systematic approach to student care and behaviour, with a centralised approach and its own alternative provision?
· That takes workload seriously? That has a clear workload charter, has a rational approach to marking. restricts email use at weekends and during holidays and does not see 1265 as a target to meet?
· That believes in co-planning, retrieval practice, Direct Instruction and traditional approaches to teaching?
· That values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
· That is an Investors in People Gold School and an IQM Flagship School?
· That is an all-through setting?
· That prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach, valuing hugely the importance of the curriculum?
· That offers subject teams a weekly meeting?
· Where the senior team are on the ground and are highly supportive?
· Where, as the staff themselves have cited, ‘leadership inspires them’?
· That has attracted a lot of positive national attention, where members of staff speak nationally and internationally?
· That is the home of ResearchED Northampton?
· Where the staff are fully behind our ambition for excellence?
· That is values-driven, wanting the very best for the students?
· That has a clear coaching culture to help drive improvement?
· Where we take research seriously and have our own action research team?
· Where people feel valued, and morale is high across the school?
If your answer to the above questions is a yes then please carry on reading this advert.
The Duston School is looking to appoint a Sports Coach to offer our children great experiences in PE and access to a wide range of clubs and local competitions.
This role is for 37 hours per week, 41 weeks per year and will require the successful candidate to be flexible in terms of hours to fit in with clubs and fixtures.
In 2018 OFSTED noted about the Primary School:
- The leadership of the primary school is highly effective and aspiration
- In the primary school, teaching is consistently of a high quality.
- The behaviour of children is exemplary.
- The engagement of children in their learning is impressive.
- The learning environment, including numerous displays, is highly stimulating, both indoor and outside, and children are enthused by this.
- Pupils’ attitudes are exceptionally positive.
- Interactions between children and adults are exceptionally positive.
- Engagement with parents is highly positive.
- The head of the primary school has high aspirations for the pupils and the children within this part of the school’s provision.
We will offer:
- The opportunity to shape the future of our growing primary phase department.
- On-going quality professional development.
- A caring and supportive environment in which to work, where everyone is valued.
- Brand new cutting edge facilities and resources.
- Westfield Health Package.
For full details of the role, please refer to the job description and person specification available to download below.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role