Primary Teacher MPS / UPS The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: midday, Friday 1st December
The Duston (All Through 4-19) School is looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join us within our Primary School (opened September 2015). In 2021 OFSTED noted about the Primary School:
• Children get off to a good start in early years. Staff make sure that children enjoy learning in an organised early years environment.
• In the primary phase, phonics is taught well.
• They teach reading effectively.
• By the end of Reception, children also have the physical, social and emotional skills to succeed in the next stage of their education.
• Pupils learn particularly well in reading, writing and mathematics.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
· Future progression resides at the heart of the school’s ethos
· Personalised and bespoke CPD is offered to all staff
· Opportunities to attend external CPD courses and visiting other schools are positively encouraged
· An enhanced induction programme to support all new staff to the school, with a bespoke package of support for ECT’s.
· Westfield Health - Private Health Plan for permanent, salaried employees
· On-site car parking
· A laptop
· On-site Before & After School Club for Primary Phase pupils available *
· A detailed Workload Charters, which sets out the school’s commitment to support all staff with their workload
· No emails are sent at weekends nor holidays, we respect as a school the need to rest
· Co-planning is a guiding principle upon which our curriculum is built, with the use of workbooks and knowledge organisers across the school
· On-site restaurant for staff to use on a daily basis
· The lion share of directed meeting time is handed to staff to work on the curriculum
· Two faculty away days
· 4 traded days (which includes one day off to thank staff for the extra miles that they go)
· A priority place for staff children at the school
· Face-to-face meetings for all staff with the Principal to discuss your wellbeing, professional development and career aspirations
· Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme for teaching staff
· Membership of the LGPS Pension Scheme for non-teaching staff
For support staff
· Generous Holiday entitlement, including bank holidays (or pro-rata of) which increases with service
· Non-contractual discretionary days leave for school shutdown over Christmas
* Fees apply
Candidates are welcome to visit the school prior to application
Applying: Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Online searches will be carried out for all shortlisted candidates.