Teacher of Maths (part time 0.4FTE maternity cover)
Start date - January 2020 or earlier
MPS/UPS (£23,720 - £34,664) (£36,646 - £39,406) plus a recruitment and retention allowance
Closing Date: Friday 4th October, midday
- Do you want to work in a school that is undergoing rapid cultural and transformational change?
- Do you want to work in a school where we value the teacher as the expert?
- Do you want to work in a school that has a very clear and systematic approach to addressing student behaviour?
- Do you want to work in a school that takes workload seriously, has a rational approach to marking and restricts email use at weekends and during holidays?
- Do you want to work in a school that values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
- Do you want to work in a school that prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach?
- Do you have a forensic eye for data?
If your answer to the above questions is a yes then please carry on reading this advert.
The Duston School is looking to appoint a Teacher for Mathematics. This is an exciting time to join our successful Mathematics faculty teaching all key stages including post 16. A’ level maths expertise is essential.
We aim to ensure that our pupils become responsible, competent, confident and build skills relevant to today’s society.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan.
- A laptop.
- Free on-site parking.
- A sensible approach to marking.
- Two faculty away days per year for departmental planning.
- A school meeting calendar that privies year team and faculty meeting time.
- A strong school culture.
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions.
- A knowledge rich curriculum.
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pensions Scheme.
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, and Disqualification by Association clearance. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role