Teacher of Music (maternity cover)
Start Date: September 2021
MPS/UPS (£25,714- £36,961) (£38,690 - £41,604)
Closing Date: Monday 22nd February, midday
- Do you want to work in a school that is undergoing rapid cultural and transformational change?
- Do you want to work in a school where we value the teacher as the expert?
- Do you want to work in a school that has a very clear and systematic approach to addressing student behaviour?
- Do you want to work in a school that takes workload seriously, has a rational approach to marking and restricts email use at weekends and during holidays?
- Do you want to work in a school that values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
- Do you want to work in a school that prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach?
If your answer to the above questions is a yes then please carry on reading this advert.
The Duston School is looking to appoint a Teacher of Music . The successful applicant will be passionate about music education, prepared to go the ‘extra mile’. They will be focused on the attainment of all pupils, have proven success at teaching across KS3 and KS4 and experience of teaching in a Primary phase would be desirable. They will hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) plus a first degree or equivalent in music and a Grade 8 in at least one orchestral instrument or piano.
Applicants should show enthusiasm towards joining our dynamic, committed and supportive team and be able to demonstrate the highest standards of delivery, in order to raise attainment and to be committed to motivating young people.
We welcome applications from qualified teachers, who can demonstrate the highest standards of delivery in order to raise attainment and are committed to motivating young people. We welcome applications from NQTs as well as experienced applicants.
We can offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge
- Health Care Benefits Plan
- Extra curricular sporting clubs for staff
- Free on site staff car park
- A laptop
- A sensible approach to marking
- Two faculty away days per year for departmental planning
- A school meeting calendar that privies year, team and faculty meeting time
- A strong school culture
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions
- A knowledge rich curriculum
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role