MPS/UPS plus a TLR1c £12,112
Closing Date: Friday 10th December, midday
Interviews will be held w/c 13th December 2021
Do you want to work in a school…
· That has undergone rapid cultural and transformational change?
· That is the 27th most improved school nationally for its GCSE results and is in the top 5% of all schools nationally for its A Level results?
· Where the teacher is valued as the expert?
· That has a very clear and systematic approach to student care and behaviour, with a centralised approach and its own alternative provision?
· That takes workload seriously? That has a clear workload charter, has a rational approach to marking. restricts email use at weekends and during holidays and does not see 1265 as a target to meet?
· That believes in co-planning, retrieval practice, Direct Instruction and traditional approaches to teaching?
· That values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
· That is an Investors in People Gold School and an IQM Flagship School?
· That is an all-through setting?
· That prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach, valuing hugely the importance of the curriculum?
· That offers subject teams a weekly meeting?
· Where the senior team are on the ground and are highly supportive?
· Where, as the staff themselves have cited, ‘leadership inspires them’?
· That has attracted a lot of positive national attention, where members of staff speak nationally and internationally?
· That is the home of ResearchED Northampton?
· Where the staff are fully behind our ambition for excellence?
· That is values-driven, wanting the very best for the students?
· That has a clear coaching culture to help drive improvement?
· Where we take research seriously and have our own action research team?
· Where people feel valued, and morale is high across the school?
· That has rapidly transformed from a double RI school to an Ofsted Good school?
If your answer to the above questions is a yes then please carry on reading this advert.
The Duston School is looking to appoint a SEND Co-ordinator:
- To be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students with Special Educational Needs including those with an Educational Healthcare Plan
- To be an effective line manager for the SEN Teaching Assistants and administrative support staff.
- To provide high quality leadership and management for the education of students with Special Educational Needs.
- To develop effective partnerships with all stakeholders of the school to secure high levels of progress for students with Special Educational Needs.
We can offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge
- Health Care Benefits Plan
- Extra curricular sporting clubs for staff
- Free on site staff car park
- A laptop
- A sensible approach to marking
- Two faculty away days per year for departmental planning
- A school meeting calendar that privies year, team and faculty meeting time
- A strong school culture
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions
- A knowledge rich curriculum
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role