Teacher of History (PE Convertor) with a Recruitment and Retention allowance
QUALIFIED PE TEACHERS TO SPECIALISE IN HISTORY
Full time, One year fixed term contract
(MPS £23,720—£34,664, Upper Pay Scale £36,646— £39,406 pa plus a Recruitment & Retention allowance)
Closing date: Friday 7th June, midday
Start date: January 2020 or sooner
- Do you want to work in a school that is undergoing rapid cultural and transformational change?
- Do you want to work in a school where we value the teacher as the expert?
- Do you want to work in a school that has a very clear and systematic approach to addressing student behaviour?
- Do you want to work in a school that takes workload seriously, has a rational approach to marking and restricts email use at weekends and during holidays?
- Do you want to work in a school that values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
- Do you want to work in a school that prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach?
If your answer to the above questions is a yes then please carry on reading this advert.
At The Duston School we are delighted to be able to offer roles for teachers with a desire to change specialism to teach history. We are able to provide on-site training to confidently teach history at secondary level.
For further information or to arrange a discussion about this brilliant opportunity please email email@example.com
We can offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge
- Health Care Benefits Plan
- Extra curricular sporting clubs for staff
- Free on site staff car park
- A laptop
- A sensible approach to marking
- Two faculty away days per year for departmental planning
- A school meeting calendar that privies year, team and faculty meeting time
- A strong school culture
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions
- A knowledge rich curriculum
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, and Disqualification by Association clearance. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role