Start date - ASAP
SR4 23 - 25 £26,999 - £28,785
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing Date: Friday 4th October, midday
Interviews: Monday 14th October 2019
The Duston School is looking to appoint an experienced Finance Officer with a working knowledge and understanding of financial and accounting procedures.
Highly organised, flexible and able to work on their own initiative., the successful candidate will need to be full or part qualified (Level 3 AAT minimum) or working towards this qualification or have the relevant experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Experience of working in academies/ a school environment with a knowledge of PS Financials accounting package and SIMS would be desirable but not essential as training will be available.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan.
- Free on-site parking.
- A strong school culture.
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions.
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge
- Membership of the LGPS pension scheme.
- Generous Holiday entitlement, including bank holidays (or pro-rata of) which increases with service.
- Non-contractual discretionary days leave for school shutdown over Christmas.
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, and Disqualification by Association clearance. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role