Positive Impact Centre Programme Manager
Start date - ASAP
SR7 (33—35) £31,660—£33,494 (Actual)
37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Closing date: midday, Friday 18th October 2019
The Duston School is looking to appoint a Programme Manager to manage the Positive Impact Centre, a dedicated on site provision for students with additional wellbeing needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Work under the guidance of senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring support with mental health, wellbeing and behavioural issues. Our existing PIC provision includes SAIL, SEW, Anger Management, Self Esteem, BAG, GAG.
- Oversee the school’s counselling programme which consists of one full time school counsellor and up to four trainee counsellors.
- Plan and deliver, working alongside heads of core subjects*, a twelve week programme of intervention to students in need of additional support. The goal being successful reintegration back into the main school to enable individuals to access the curriculum, succeed, achieve and learn. *English, maths and science.
The programme manager will work alongside Directors of Year to monitor progress and liaise with parents.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan
- Free on-site parking
- A strong school culture
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge
- Membership of the LGPS pension scheme
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, and Disqualification by Association clearance. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role