Education Welfare Officer
SR1 (7—11) £20,092—£21,748 FTE (£16,274—£17,616 Actual)
35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
2 vacancies (1 permanent post, 1 fixed term post for one year)
Do you want to work in a school…
· That has undergone rapid cultural and transformational change?
· That is the 27th most improved school nationally for its GCSE results and is in the top 5% of all schools nationally for its A Level results?
· Where the teacher is valued as the expert?
· That has a very clear and systematic approach to student care and behaviour, with a centralised approach and its own alternative provision?
· That takes workload seriously? That has a clear workload charter, has a rational approach to marking. restricts email use at weekends and during holidays and does not see 1265 as a target to meet?
· That believes in co-planning, retrieval practice, Direct Instruction and traditional approaches to teaching?
· That values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
· That is an Investors in People Gold School and an IQM Flagship School?
· That is an all-through setting?
· That prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach, valuing hugely the importance of the curriculum?
· That offers subject teams a weekly meeting?
· Where the senior team are on the ground and are highly supportive?
· Where, as the staff themselves have cited, ‘leadership inspires them’?
· That has attracted a lot of positive national attention, where members of staff speak nationally and internationally?
· That is the home of ResearchED Northampton?
· Where the staff are fully behind our ambition for excellence?
· That is values-driven, wanting the very best for the students?
· That has a clear coaching culture to help drive improvement?
· Where we take research seriously and have our own action research team?
· Where people feel valued, and morale is high across the school?
If your answer to the above questions is a yes then please carry on reading this advert.
The Duston School is looking to appoint two Education Welfare Officers to work alongside key school staff in school to be responsible for excellent attendance, reduce levels of absence and work with children and families directly to promote high levels of attendance.
We have one permanent post and a fixed term post for one year.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan
- Free on-site parking
- A strong school culture
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge
- Membership of the LGPS pension scheme
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role