Deputy Positive Impact Centre Programme Manager
Deputy Positive Impact Centre Programme Manager
Fixed term for 1 year
SR5 (26—28) £32,909 —£34,723 FTE (£28,905— £30,499 Actual)
(Based on 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year)
Closing date: midday, Friday 24th March 2023
The Deputy Positive Impact Centre Programme Manager will work under the guidance of the Senior Leader in
supporting students assigned to the Positive Impact Centre, a dedicated on-site provision for students with additional wellbeing, social and emotional needs.
We are developing a provision for students to support their needs and ensure they can access learning. We are seeking a responsible and committed individual to support the PIC team to implement effective strategies to promote positive behaviours. Alongside the Senior Leader you will manage the day to day running of The Positive Impact Centre.
The positive Impact Centre consists of four strands;
· KS3 Alternative provision (12 week full time programme)
· Short term focused interventions
· Phased return through PIC following an exclusion/period of absence and a school
To plan and deliver alongside the Senior Leader personal development, PSHE and core subjects (English, maths and science) within the KS3 Alternative Provision. The successful candidate will liaise with other colleagues to create personalised timetables for students with bespoke interventions in order to reduce repeated negative behaviour patterns. Contributing and writing weekly reports, 6 week reviews and a final evaluation of the programme. Focussing on, academic, pastoral and personal progress. Liaising with parents/carers and communicating with colleagues.
Preparing reintegration programmes for individual students so they can return into the main school, enabling individuals to access the curriculum, succeed, achieve and learn.
To implement agreed short term focussed interventions with individuals/groups within PIC, this could include those requiring support with mental health, wellbeing and behavioural issues. Ensuring all interventions start with a baseline assessment, reviewed and evaluated at the end of the intervention. You will be responsible for tracking the progress of the intervention through in-house systems and feedback key information to Year team, parents and line manager. Our current Interventions include Anger Management, Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, SAIL (self-assurance in life & learning), SEW (social & emotional wellbeing) Motivation, Positive Thinking, Mindfulness, Attachment awareness, Social Skills, protective behaviours and Improving behaviour/handling peer pressure.
Working in collaboration with parents/carers, directors & assistant directors of year, create tailored programmes for students on a phased return after a period of absence/ exclusion. Establishing a pathway of support and implement to ensure students successfully reintegrate into the main school.
Do you want to work in a hugely successful and dramatically transformed school? Do you want to work in a school that operates on common sense and places people at the heart of all that is does?
In joining the Duston School you will be joining a school that is:
· Built upon strong values and principles
· Places people at the heart of all that it does
· Heavily over-subscribed
· Nationally recognised, heralded and applauded
· A Behaviour Hub Lead School
· The 27th most improved school nationally, with GCSE outcomes in 2019 placing the school in the top 20% of all schools nationally and A Level results in the top 5% of all schools
· GCSE and A Level outcomes in 2022 were the best in the school’s history
· A school of Character
· An Investors in People Gold School
· An Inclusion Quality Mark (IQM) Flagship School
· A Global Equality Collective School
· The home of ResearchED Northampton
· A PKC Curriculum Hub
· An Ofsted ‘Good’ school
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
· Future progression resides at the heart of the school’s ethos
· Personalised and bespoke CPD is offered to all staff
· Opportunities to attend external CPD courses and visiting other schools are positively encouraged
· An enhanced induction programme to support all new staff to the school, with a bespoke package of support for ECT’s.
· Westfield Health - Private Health Plan for permanent, salaried employees
· On-site car parking
· A laptop
· On-site Before & After School Club for Primary Phase pupils available *
· A detailed Workload Charters, which sets out the school’s commitment to support all staff with their workload
· No emails are sent at weekends nor holidays, we respect as a school the need to rest
· Co-planning is a guiding principle upon which our curriculum is built, with the use of workbooks and knowledge organisers across the school
· On-site restaurant for staff to use on a daily basis
· The lion share of directed meeting time is handed to staff to work on the curriculum
· Two faculty away days
· 4 traded days (which includes one day off to thank staff for the extra miles that they go)
· A priority place for staff children at the school
· Face-to-face meetings for all staff with the Principal to discuss your wellbeing, professional development and career aspirations
· Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme for teaching staff
· Membership of the LGPS Pension Scheme for non-teaching staff
For support staff
· Generous Holiday entitlement, including bank holidays (or pro-rata of) which increases with service
· Non-contractual discretionary days leave for school shutdown over Christmas
* Fees apply
Candidates are welcome to visit the school prior to application
Please complete an application form (we do not accept a CV alone) along with a letter of application to the Principal. Please email the application form and letter to: email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
Please apply here if you are interested in this role