Re-opening January 2021
The Duston School - Re-opening January 2021
I hope you are well and staying safe. I also hope that you had a good Christmas and managed to get some rest.
I am writing to inform you of the arrangements for the start of the Spring Term in light of the government’s national announcement yesterday, which can be found here. I have kept the following information relatively straightforward for you and I do hope it is helpful.
Thursday 7th January
- The Primary Phase will re-open to all pupils in all year groups.
Thursday 7th and Friday 8th January
- The Secondary Phase will be closed, with all pupils working from home remotely. Work will be set via Microsoft Teams.
Week Commencing Monday 11th January
- Pupils in Years 7/8/9/10 will work remotely from home, with all work set via Microsoft Teams.
- Pupils in Years 11/12/13 will only come to school when they have a mock exam. When they do not have an exam they will need to revise for their remaining mock examinations from home.
Key Worker/ Vulnerable Pupils
- The school will be offering a provision to these pupils and a separate letter, with clear instructions, will be issued for parents/guardians to follow.
Rapid Testing - Secondary Phase only
- A separate letter will be issued to parents/guardians regarding this. Please do take the time to read over this.
Full Opening – Monday 18th January
- As things stand it is my intention that we fully reopen the school as of Monday 18th January, with all pupils in all year groups in attendance. Should the government issue any further updates or changes in the interim then I will keep you abreast of any relevant changes.
I hope this provides some clarity regarding how the school will operate during the first two weeks of the Spring Term.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year