The Duston School have been working in consultation with the Department for Education (DFE) to support all students and families to strive for a minimum of 97% attendance to school. The Secretary of State for Education has signalled his intention for attendance to be a key component of his upcoming Schools White Paper and the proposals in the document will be central to that.
We have been making a series of changes here at the school in anticipation of these proposals being released. Attendance to school is the biggest contributing factor behind a student fulfilling their potential when it comes to academic success.
I have listed some of these changes below:
- A new partnership with WPA Education Welfare Services https://www.school-attendance.org.uk/
- A two day audit of The Duston School Attendance procedures with the view of this continuing to further refine and improve our systems
- A new partnership with a DFE Senior Schools Consultant
- Appointment of x2 Educational Welfare Officers
- The implementation of a 5 Stage attendance system to support all students striving towards 97% attendance.
As a school we believe we have the systems and support in place to ensure all students achieve a 97% attendance rate and above. We require all families to support us to achieve this target by ensuring students attend school on a daily basis.
Our School Improvement Plan for 2021-2022 can be found below coupled with our Attendance Policy.
Please click below to download the attachments