It is important that all students are fully supported and guided through the process of planning their futures. With a programme of education, information, advice and guidance for all students from Years 7 -13, we believe our students are well prepared for their futures. Staff at The Duston School play an active role in preparing them. We have a comprehensive programme of careers education that is delivered through Careers Week, careers fairs, visits, trips and assemblies and also within individual departments and through form time.
All students will:
- Develop a deeper understanding of themselves, their abilities and affinities
- Gain a greater knowledge of the range of opportunities open to them
- Take part in work related activities in and out of school
- Understand the labour market and the requirements and expectations of employers
- Learn to make decisions wisely about their future
- Be fully prepared to manage change and be fully supported through key transition periods
- Learn how to improve their own employability: how to find work, how to get work and how to progress their careers
Careers Lead: Simon Beal
If you wish to get in contact regarding careers at The Duston School then please Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful Link: https://www.fasttomato.com/
Fast Tomato has been designed to help young people broaden their horizons and consider a broader spectrum of career and education options. Students take a short psychometric questionnaire which gauges interests, attitudes and motivations. They are then offered career and education suggestions, personalised to them.
Please see our careers and aspirations plan below.