- About Us/
- Statutory Information/
- Advice and Support/
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities SEND/
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities SEND
Every child that has a special educational need (SEN/D) will be supported by our SENDCo and school staff in a number of ways.
- Intervention teaching groups are in place to provide targeted teaching to children who require extra support across the curriculum.
- Targeted Education Plans (TEPs) are used to set individualised targets for children who require more support than intervention groups can provide.
- Higher Needs Funding (HNF) will be applied for where children meet the criteria set by the local authority for requiring extra forms of support that cannot be met through the schools Targeted Education Plans.
- Educational Health Care Plans (EHCPs) will be put in place for children requiring a higher level of support than Higher Needs Funding can provide.
- Nurture Groups take place to support the wellbeing of students. These are run by the school SENDCo.
Each student that has a special educational need (SEN/D) can be supported by members of our student wellbeing team in a number of ways.
- Student Passport Profiles – Each student has a passport profile which outlines their needs. It also contains information for the subject teachers on their strengths and weaknesses and also what teachers can do to help them succeed in class. Every class teacher has access to these profiles to use as they are working documents that outline the student’s voice.
- Individual Education Plans (IEP) – For our students that have statements or those on Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP) an IEP will be produced that set individualised targets to help the students succeed in class. These plans are reviewed 3 times during the year.
- Homework Catch Up – The wellbeing staff offer homework catch up for any SEN students that may need extra support with homework/coursework when subject teachers are not available.
- Dyslexia Support – All students with Dyslexia or dyslexic tendencies have been/can be screened in school to give us a more specific identification of their needs. From this all are supplied with visual filters if necessary and have workbooks and exam papers printed in the respective colour. All students also have access to our Dyslexia co-ordinator if more specific support is required.
- Exams Access – All our SEN students will receive the entitled exams support (dependent on type/level of need) which may include access to a smaller room/individual room, coloured papers, extra time, comfort breaks, readers, scribes, transcribes and computer reader.
- Panel Referral – Panel referral forms can be completed by staff members who have concerns about students that they teach. These are reviewed on a fortnightly basis and allow the wellbeing team to put the relevant intervention groups into place to support the student.
- Interventions – The wellbeing team currently lead a number of interventions aimed at supporting the needs of all students in school. These include self –Esteem, Boys and Girls Achievement, Anger Management, Protective Behaviours, Family Seal, Fine Motor Skills, Positive Impact and Dyslexia support.
Special Needs Coordinators (SENDCos)
Mr R Goodridge – email@example.com – 01604 460004 ext 625