Smart pupils are smart learners. Nothing about a child’s uniform should distract from their learning. Therefore the only jewellery that should be worn is a watch. No earrings please. Children should only have their ears pierced during the summer holidays as missing P.E. lessons because of pierced ears is not acceptable. Any hair longer than shoulder length (boys and girls) must be tied back. All hair accessories should be unobtrusive and blue, and children’s hairstyles should be appropriate for school with no un-natural colours or shaved designs.
Please name every item of your child’s uniform.
- All children should wear The Duston School (Primary) navy jumper with a pale blue polo shirt.
- Girls should wear a navy pinafore dress or skirt with navy tights or under the knee socks.
- Boys should wear black trousers with black or grey ankle socks.
- Shoes should be plain black and a low supportive style.
- Trainers should not be worn for any reason.
- All children should wear The Duston School (Primary) shower proof jacket. This jacket has a reflective band making your child easily seen in dull light, and helps to keep them safe by making them easily recognisable when we take them out of the school building for outdoor education work.
- All children should bring a Duston School book bag to school. We will use this bag to ensure you receive any school communication.
- Girls should wear pale blue checked summer dresses with white ankle socks. Ankle socks may be trimmed with blue.
- Boys may continue to wear long black trousers or may like to wear grey just above the knee shorts with their pale blue polo shirts and black or grey ankle socks.
- No open toe shoes of any kind should be worn during the summer term.
All P.E. kit should be brought to school in our Duston School P.E. bag. Children should not bring rucksacks or other bulky bags to school. For indoor P.E. all children should wear navy shorts, a plain pale blue round necked t-shirt and black plimsolls with white or black ankle socks. For outdoor P.E. all children should also have a pair of navy jogging bottoms and a pair of trainers (trainers are needed for the summer term only in EYFS). Your child’s school jumper and jacket will be worn for extra warmth when needed.