The Duston School uniform is one of the outward signs by which the local community recognises and makes judgments about the students. It is important for students and the school that the way students present themselves is positive and acceptable and creates the impression of a disciplined and well ordered establishment. It is expected that all students will come to The Duston School every day in neat, clean uniform, giving a message that our students take pride in belonging to the school. The support of parents in ensuring this is expected. Students should recognise that conflict over the dress code is inappropriate.
The items listed form the regulation Duston School uniform and must be worn on a daily basis. Items marked with an asterix must be purchased from the school uniform stockist.
- All students should wear a TDS black blazer with school badge plus year colour flash and allocated house badge*
- All students should wear a TDS v-neck jumper with school badge*
- All students should wear a blue shirt
- Girls should wear black school skirt (length must be to the knee and should be of a free flowing style) or black trousers with plain black socks/ tights. Jeans/ leggings (tight fitting) style of trousers are not allowed.
- Boys should wear black trousers with black socks.
- Flat, black leather shoes that can be polished, are not patent or suede, and have a rigid sole. Training shoes of any type are not allowed apart from for PE lessons.
- Trainers should not be worn for any reason.
- Year 11 students may choose to wear white shirts.
- All shirts should be tucked in at all times.
- All students must have a school bag which should be able to accommodate an A4 folder. Bags are to be placed into lockers.
- All outdoor coats must be removed on entering the building and placed in student lockers.
The DfE has issued non statutory guidance to ensure that schools take a sensible view towards the uniform policies they have, and that they are not profiteering in any way from inflated prices with cash back arrangements. Our supplier is a member of The Schoolwear Association and subscribes to their code of ethical practice.