Every pupil, from the Primary Phase through to the Sixth Form, is a member of a ‘House’ in which they remain throughout their education.
There are four Houses at The Duston School and points are collated throughout the academic year.
The reasons why we have implemented a house system.
- Opportunities for increased competition.
- Student focus- each student is treated as an individual.
- Increased respect, courtesy and consideration amongst the student body.
- A greater sense of allegiance to your peers and your house.
- Promotion of student voice, responsibility, team skills, leadership and co-operation.
- Development personal, social skills and well-being of all students.
- Recognition for hard work and application.
- Increased community cohesion.
- Students are rewarded through the bronze, silver, gold and platinum awards.
Please click on houses below for more information.
"Don’t wait for opportunity; create it"
"Through devotion unto fulfillment."
"Winners never quit; quitters never win"
"Determination today leads to success tomorrow"